Who doesn’t love donuts? But what if you try preparing your own version at home? Preparing homemade donuts is just so easy. It’s cheaper because it doesn’t have much ingredients. You’d probably spend some time kneading and preparing the dough.
This is such a great snack idea for your kids at home. Nothing really beat home cooking and preparing your kids food at home. You’ll know that it’s clean, safe and absolutely yummy for them.
Check out how to make Homemade Donuts here:
2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp of dry yeast
1/2 cup water
70 ml full cream milk
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp butter/margarine
1. In a huge bowl add in sugar, water, yeast, salt, egg and milk. Mix well.
2. Add in flour.
3. Start kneading the dough. You may need to add more flour to even out the dough. Knead for about 5-7 minutes.
4. Cover the bowl with a piece of cloth or paper towel and set aside for about 30 minutes.
5. The dough will start to rise and double in size. Knead it again for another 5 minutes. Set aside for about 20 minutes more.
6. Take out the dough and rolled it in a floured surface. Roll it until you have at least 1/2 inch thickness. Start cutting it. You can use a donut cutter or a glass to form small round circles. Cut out the center as well.
7. Set aside for another 5 minutes.
8. Heat a good amount of cooking oil in the pan.
9. Fry in the doughs in a low heat. Cook until golden brown and flip to the other side.
10. Use paper towel to remove excess oil.
11. Drizzle donuts with sugar.
Ready to serve!
Note from Delish:
I always choose to make my own donuts at home.It’s more personal and I’ll have the chance to adjust the taste.
Making homemade donuts is not that hard. It’s not even that expensive. It would only take few steps and lots of kneading to create the perfect dough. On this, I just used a round plastic container to shape the dough into a perfect circles and a bottle cap for the center circle.
No baking is required either. You can make these donuts even more attractive if you dip them on a sweet glazing of your choice.
If you have further questions, drop me a message anytime.