If you are looking for a delicious and easy to prepare snack for your family. Try this Homemade Fish and Chips. This is something that kids will really love. Who doesn’t like fish and fries? Literally. Try this.
Here’s how to prepare Homemade Fish and Chips:
250g Cream dory fish
2 pcs. medium sized potatoes
3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup cold water
Jolly canola oil
extra all purpose flour (roll the fish over)
1. Cut fish into bite sizes. Dry them using a paper towel. Set aside.
2. Cut potatoes into same equal sizes. Soak them in water for 15 minutes.
3. Roll fish cuts in all purpose flour.
4. In a large bowl, combine it the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, egg, cold water, salt and pepper. Whisk until batter is formed.
5. In a deep fryer, heat some good amount of Canola oil.
6. One by one, dip the flour coated fish in the batter mixture, and drop them, slowly in the hot oil. Cook until brown.
7. After soaking the potato cuts, dry them using a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
8. On the same deep fryer, set fire to low. Fry the potatoes for about 3 minutes. Remove from oil and let it sit for about 3 minutes.
9. This time, set the fire on high, and put back in the potatoes. Cook until brown and crisp. (This process will give you a delicious crispy potato fries)
In a bowl combine in the mayonnaise, finely chopped onions and garlic, pickle relish and season with salt and pepper. Mix in.
Serve while it’s hot!
Note from Delish:
I have received a lot of requests to prepare easy and delicious snack recipes. And this homemade fish and chips is worth a try. Prepare this at home and your family will crave for it for sure.
If you have any questions, please drop a comment below or send me a message.
Watch how to cook Homemade Fish and Chips here: