Who doesn’t love tempura? If you happen to drop by a Japanese restaurant, tempura is probably one of the dish that you would like to order. This easy homemade tempura recipe will make you think that you don’t need to go to a restaurant if you’re craving for it. It’s just a matter of knowing how to prepare the shrimp and the batter.
Here’s the recipe for a Homemade Tempura:
250g shrimp/prawn (about 12-13 pcs)
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 cup iced cold water
Preparing the Shrimp:
1. Remove the head. Peel while keeping the tails. To devein, slit the top of the shrimp. Then score them by making at least three horizontal slits in the belly. Then set aside.
1. Prepare cornstarch in the dish. Season it with salt and pepper.
2. One by one roll the shrimp to coat.
3. In a large bowl, put in two egg yolks.
4. Add ice cold water and whisk.
5. Slowly pour in the flour while constantly whisking.
6. Heat a good amount of oil in a pan.
7. Dip shrimps on the batter mixture and fry.
8. In order to get a good coating result, slowly pour in some batter in the pan. You can manually let it stick to the shrimp to coat even.
9. Cook until brown. Use paper towel to remove excess oil.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I always love Japanese food. That’s why I decided to prepare this recipe. It’s very easy and I can eat as many as I can. For you, just make sure that you don’t have any allergic reactions with shrimps.
I also showed how to prepare the shrimp, from peeling to deveining. You can use any dip that you want. Tempura tastes great with any dip, mayonnaise, sweet chili dip or lemon and soy sauce. Whichever you want.
If you have any question, please drop me a message. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
Watch homemade tempura recipe here: