That season of the year where you can find tomatoes everywhere, there could only be one thing that you can do. You can make your own tomato sauce at home. It’s very easy, very healthy and you can even make your own version whatever flavor you want. You can store it and use it in whatever dish you want.
Here’s how to prepare Homemade Tomato Sauce:
1kg ripe red tomatoes
1 small sized white onion
3 cloves garlic
1. Cut the core of all the tomatoes and cut an X slit on the other side.
2. Boil some water in a pot. And prepare a bowl of iced cold water.
3. Drop all the tomatoes in a boiling water for about a minute. Then put them in a bowl of iced cold water to blanch.
4. Peel the tomatoes and remove the seeds.
5. Put the tomatoes in a pot again, add in the white onions, garlic, basil, squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 2 minutes.
6. Remove from fire and let it cool a bit.
7. Using a good blender, blend everything.
8. Store in a clean bottle. Make sure to keep it refrigerated.
Now it’s ready to be used to any dish you want!
Note from Delish:
If you want to eat healthy, making your own fresh tomato sauce at home is great. You can even add other spices that you want. Some people might add sugar or honey, that depends on your tastebuds. The most important thing is you don’t have to buy those canned tomato sauce anymore.
If you have any questions about this, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to prepare homemade tomato sauce:
Get your own Masflex Cookware from Shopee: