Honey Garlic T-bone Steak is a great recipe to prepare on special occasions. You don’t have to dine in some expensive restaurants just to taste that juicy, saucy T-bone steak. With this recipe, you can get your family mesmerized of your cooking skills.
Here’s how to cook Honey Garlic T-bone Steak:
2 T-bone (Porterhouse) beef cuts
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup ketchup
1 garlic head
1/2 cup calamansi extract
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 cans of soda ( I used sprite this time)
1. Prepare the beef. Put them in a cooking pot. Pour a good amount of water, enough to cover the meat. Drop some garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook in medium to low heat for 15 minutes. Make sure not to over boil to avoid the beef to get dry.
2. Drain the water and set the beef aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine in the minced garlic, calamansi extract, soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. Mix them well.
4. On the same pot you used to boil the beef, after draining the water. Pour the mixture into the beef.
5. Pour in the soda, enough to cover the beef up. Let it soak for 15 minutes before turning the heat on to boil. Let boil for 5 minutes. Remove the beef.
6. Heat oil in a pan. Fry the beef just enough to get that crisp. Around 2 minutes on both sides is enough.
7. In a different pan, prepare the sauce. Pour in the sida marinade. Bring to boil. Add the ketchup and season with salt. Pour in a tsp of cornstarch to create a saucy texture.
8. Brush a good amount of sauce on the steak!
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I came up with this recipe to create a delicious T-bone steak at home without having to go to a restaurant. And it’s one of the “no oven” series of recipes that I wanted to share. Meaning, you don’t need an oven to cook something like this recipe.
If you have any questions, please drop me a message. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
Watch how to cook Honey Garlic T-bone Steak (No Oven):
You might want to try other Beef Recipe: