If there’s one chicken recipe that I know we Filipinos love, it’s chicken curry. I know we all have our own version of this recipe, but this is one recipe that I know and I grew up with. The process is quite simple, we only need to pan fry the chicken and all the other vegetables before adding them to the dish. But we can be sure that it’s tastier and delicious.
Here’s how to cook Chicken Curry:
1kg Chicken (any part you love)
3 medium-sized Potatoes (cubed)
1 large-sized Carrot (cubed)
4 pcs Bell Peppers
2 cups Coconut Milk
2 tbsp. Curry Powder
1 medium-sized Onion (chopped)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- In a pan, drizzle some oil. Pan-fry the chicken until golden brown on both sides. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- On the same pan, pan-fry the potatoes, carrots and bell peppers. Set aside.
- In a separate much bigger pan, heat some oil and saute onion and garlic. Pour in the curry powder and mix.
- Pour in about 1 cup of water. Stir until the curry powder is dissolved.
- Add in the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cover and cook for about 15 -20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Add in the potatoes, carrots and bell peppers. Let it simmer and then pour in the coconut milk.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
Note from Ren:
Since I received messages from a number of readers asking me about my version of chicken curry, here’s the updated recipe so far.
If you have any questions or suggestions, just drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try: