What if you can incorporate potato to your favorite drumstick? That will make a whole lot of difference. And your kids will definitely love it. This Chicken Potato Drumstick recipe is all-new recipe you can try at home. Giving your favorite chicken drumsticks a whole new flavor and texture.
Here’s How to Cook Chicken Potato Drumstick:
6 pcs. Chicken Drumsticks
3 pcs. medium-sized Potatoes (cubed)
1 cup All-purpose Flour
2 pcs. Bay Leaves
1 tsp. Peppercorns
1 tbsp. Chili Powder
1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
- Put the chicken drumsticks in a pot. Add in the bay leaves and the peppercorns, season with salt and pepper. Then pour in a good amount of water, enough to cover the chicken. Cook until chicken is tender. Let cool and set aside.
- On the same pot, with the remaining chicken stock, put in the potatoes and cooked until soft. Remove from pot, let cool and mash.
- Shred the chicken, making sure to set aside the bones.
- In a bowl, mix in the mashed potato and the shredded chicken. Season with chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix and mash.
- In a bowl, add in the egg and all-purpose flour. Pour in about 3/4 cup of water. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk to achieve the right batter texture.
- Scoop a good amount of potato-chicken mixture. Form into an oblong, then insert the chicken bone. (It should like a chicken drumstick) (see video).
- Drop and coat the chicken potato drumstick in the batter.
- Fry them until golden brown.
Serve with your favorite dip! Enjoy!
Note from Ren:
When I first tried this recipe at home. I know it would be a hit. One chicken potato drumstick is one complete meal. Potato and chicken in one. You can add more spices if you want to.
If you have any suggestions or recommendations about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video: