Since the rainy season has started, what’s better than learning how to cook a new soup recipe. You can add this creamy kalabasa soup recipe to your list. It’s very easy to prepare, delicious, and absolutely healthy.
Here’s how to cook Creamy Kalabasa Soup:
500g Kalabasa (Squash) (cubed)
250 ml All-purpose Cream
200g Chicken Breast Fillet
1/3 cup Green Onions
1 medium-sized Onion (chopped)
4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- Boil and cook the chicken breast fillet. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the pot, let it cool and shred. Set aside the chicken stock.
- In a pot, saute onion and garlic. Add in the squash, then the chicken stock. Add more water if needed. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until squash is soft.
- Then using a blender, blend the cooked squash until smooth.
- In a cooking pot, melt the butter. Then add in the shredded chicken. Cook until crisp and golden brown.
- Pour in the blended squash. Then add the all-purpose cream.
- Finally, add in the green onions.
Note from Ren:
This is one of my favorite soup recipes. One reason is that it’s delicious and very healthy at the same time. I just added shredded chicken into it to give it a little bit of texture. But you can skip that.
For further questions and suggestions, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on Sour Facebook Page.
Love this pan? You can get yours from Shopee:
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video: