If you are looking for cheap and easy to prepare chicken recipe, this one is for you. We will only be needing three main ingredients, chicken, squash, and coconut milk.
Here’s How to Cook Manok and Kalabasa sa Gata:
600g Chicken Breast Fillet (small inch cuts)
250g Squash (diced)
2 cups Coconut Milk
1 medium-sized Onion (chopped)
3 cloves Garlic (chopped)
Chili (or chilies if you want more)
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan. Pan-fry the chicken cuts until golden brown. Drizzle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In the same pan (with the leftover oil), saute onion and garlic.
- Add in the squash. Then pour in (half) of the coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook.
- Add the pan-fried chicken. Mix, cover, and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Pour in the remaining coconut milk. Add in the chili. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
Note from Ren:
I love squash with coconut milk. So I decided to incorporate it to my favorite pan fried chicken. So here I came up a healthy and delicious recipe.
If you have any comments, suggestions and clarifications, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video: