If you’re already starting to plan out for Noche Buena recipes, this recipe is for you. Good news is you don’t need an oven to make this. And to make this recipe extra special, we will be using Virginia Jamon De Bola.
Here’s How to Cook Orange-Glazed No Bake Ham:
Virginia Jamon De Bola
2 Oranges (make zest, peel and slice)
3 cups of Orange Juice
1 cup Sugar
3 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
1 tsp. White Pepper
- Open and scrape off extra sauce from the ham. Score to create criss-cross slits. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine in the orange juice, sugar, orange zest, oranges, garlic, white pepper and ham syrup (included when you buy ham). Season with salt.
- In a pot, pour in half of the glaze mixture. Set aside the remaining half.
- Put in the ham in the pot. Cook until sauce is reduced and thickens while gradually rotating the ham. Once it start to caramelize, remove it from the pot. Set aside.
- Pour in the remaining mixture into the same pot. Stir and cook in a low heat to create the glaze.
- Slice the ham into your desired thickness and pour in some glaze before serving.
Note from Ren:
Special thanks to Virginia for letting me try their delicious Jamon De Bola. Made this recipe for those who wanted to serve a delicious ham recipe but they don’t have oven at home.
For more questions and suggestions, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video: