Here’s one unique potato and egg recipe that you can try at home. It can be a perfect snack for the family. It’s a complete snack since you’ve got carbo from the potato and protein from the egg. This is such a great new recipe to learn.
Here’s How to Cook Potato Eggs:
4 medium sized Potatoes
1 medium sized Onion (finely chopped)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
1/2 cup Green Onions (finely chopped)
1 cup Bread Crumbs
- Cook the potatoes. Boil some amount of water in a pot. Put slit of the potatoes before cooking. When cooked, set aside, let it cool and peel.
- Make perfect hardboiled eggs. Cook for 7 minutes in boiling water. Let cool and remove shell.
- In a larb bowl, put in the cooked potatoes. Mash. Then add in the onions, garlic and green onions, season with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Scoop about two tablespoons of the mashed potato mixture put it on your palm to flatten.
- Get one egg and put it in the center of the potato mixture and cost. Make sure the egg properly coated. (see video for this process)
- Prepare the bread crumbs in a dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the potato eggs to coat with bread crumbs. For a crispier effect, chill the potato eggs for about 30 minutes.
- Heat a good amount of oil in a pan. Fry the potato eggs until brown on both sides. Make sure to roll and flip them gradually while frying.
Remove excess oil and serve with some mayo-ketchup dip.
Note from Ren:
This is one experiment recipe that I tried and it worked. It turned out to be a complete and delicious snack. You can add more spices to your mashed potato if you want to. But this version is for kids, so I didn’t make it spicy.
If you have any questions or suggestions, drop your comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try: