Just like me, are you also wondering what this popular squid ink spaghetti tastes like? This time, we’re going to give it a try. It can be a perfect pasta recipe for all the squid or sea food lovers out there.
Here’s How to Cook Squid Ink Spaghetti:
500g Squid Ink Spaghetti
400g Fresh Squids
3 pcs. Red Tomatoes
1 pc. Onion
3 cloves Garlic
2 tbsp. Tomato Paste
1 tbsp. Chili Flakes
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
3/4 cups Chopped Parsley
Cornstarch diluted in water (optional)
- Cook spaghetti according to packaging instructions
Drain but reserve the water. Set aside.
- In a pan, melt the butter and saute garlic, onion and tomatoes. Add in the tomato paste and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add in squids. Add in the soy sauce, lemon extract and lemon zests. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- In a separate pan, put in the cooked squid ink pasta. Pour in the cook squid. Mix and toss.
- Pour in about 3/4 cup of pasta water. Add in the chili flakes and chopped parsley. Then add cornstarch diluted in water (optional). Season with salt and pepper of needed.
Serve with some lemon slices. Enjoy!
Note from Ren:
It’s my first time to give this squid ink spaghetti a try since I was able to find one in a local supermarket. I’ve noticed though that the pasta doesn’t have that “squidish” taste so it’s important to add more flavor to your squid or any other seafood you want to add. It’s up to you if you want to make it a little saucy as well.
For more questions and suggestions, leave a comment below or email me or send us a direct message on our Facebook Page.
Watch video here: