There are just tons of ways to cook an egg. What if we try something new and bring this wonderful egg to the next level? Instead of using meat or fish, let’s use eggs to make this delicious Sweet and Sour Eggs recipe.
Here’s How to Cook Sweet and Sour Eggs:
7 pcs Eggs
200g Pineapple Tidbits
2 pcs Bell Peppers (sliced)
1 White Onion (cubed)
1 Carrot (sliced)
1 cup Tomato Sauce
1 cup Vinegar
3/4 cup Sugar
1 cup All-purpose Flour
2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
1/2 cup Water
- Hard-boil 6 eggs. Leave one egg for the batter. Pour in some water in a pot, put in the eggs. Turn on the fire and when it starts to boil, set the timer to 7 minutes. Peel and set them aside.
- In a bowl, mix in 1 egg and all purpose flour. Pour in about 1/2 cup of water. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk until a runny batter is formed.
- Heat a good amount of oil in a pan.
- One by one, drop the eggs in the batter to coat. Then fry until golden brown. Use paper towel to remove excess oil. Seta aside.
- In a separate pan. Pour in the vinegar. Then add in the onions and garlic.
- Then add the carrots and bell peppers. Stir and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the pineapple tidbits (with syrup), tomato sauce and sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the sauce starts to thicken a bit.
- Drop in the cooked eggs. Coat them with sauce!
Note from Ren:
I was looking for a less expensive recipe using an egg, yet incorporating it to a popular recipe. I deciced to make this sweet and sour eggs recipe and never regret I did. It’s definitely delicious and worth a try.
If you have any questions or suggestions about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try: