Do you want a guilt-free teriyaki option? You can give this tofu teriyaki recipe. Very easy to prepare, it would only take you less than 30 minutes to cook. Since we will be using tofu, it is definitely a healthy option for you.
Here’s how to cook Tofu Teriyaki:
2 Block Tofu
1 cup Cornstarch
3/4 cup Soy Sauce
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 tbsp. Sesame Seeds
1/2 tsp. Rice Wine
1 tsp. Sesame Oil
1 medium-sized Onion (chopped)
2 cloves Garlic (minced)
Green Onions (for plating, sprinkle on top)
- Prepare the tofu. Wipe off excess water with a paper towel. Slice into small cubes. Put in a bowl.
- Pour in the cornstarch gradually and coat the tofu cubes.
- Heat some oil in a pan, fry until golden brown. Use a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- In a pan, melt some butter, saute onion and garlic. Pour in the soy sauce, rice wine, and sesame oil.
- Then pour in the sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Let it simmer, then add in the fried tofu.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until tofu are coated with sauce. Lastly, sprinkle the sesame seeds. Cook for another 2 minutes. Enjoy!
Note from Ren:
When I tried this the first time, I just knew that this is something awesome. It’s delicious and healthy at the same time. And my family loved it.
For further questions and recommendations, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
You can get this Aluminum Pan from Shopee:
Other recipes to try:
[…] How to Cook Tofu Teriyaki How to Cook Creamy Kalabasa Soup How to Make Puto Flan […]