During summertime, the best way to beat the heat is by eating…ice candy! These are two of the most popular flavors since the fruits that we’re using are readily available during the season. So if you want to learn how to make your homemade avocado and buko ice candy. Check this out!
Here’s how to make Avocado and Buko Ice Candy:
Two Pieces Avocado
Half Buko (meat in strips)
2 cups Evaporated Milk
2 cups All-purpose Cream
3 cups Sugar
Plastic Wrapper (13/4×10)
- Scrape the young coconut meat. Open the avocado up, put in a bowl and set aside.
- In a pitcher, pour in the young coconut meat strips, evaporated milk, all-purpose cream, sugar and about 4 cups of water. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour in the mashed avocado in a strainer. Gradually pour water while mashing until only strands are left on the strainer.
- Do the same process as number 2 except we add strained avocado this time.
- Pour in some amount on the ice candy wrapper. Wrap! (please see the video to know how to wrap ice candy well)
- Freeze away and Enjoy!!!
Note from Ren:
When I was a kid, I remember we actually sell ice candy during summer. So I’m sharing with you our recipe. Also, since I used avocado with lots of dark strands, I have to strain it to remove the strands.
If you have any questions about this recipe, drop a comment below or send us an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video: