Craving for your favorite bavarian donuts? Or you want to learn a new recipe for your family or even for business? This homemade bavarian donuts recipe is for you. Let’s go into the step by step process of making bavarian donuts at home.
Here’s how to Make Bavarian Donuts:
2 cups All-purpose Flour
2 cups Evaporated Milk
1 cup Condensed Milk
3/4 cup Confectioner’s Sugar
1/2 cup Cornstarch
1 tsp. Active Yeast
2 tbsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Heat 1 cup of milk. Let it sit until it’s warm. Pour it into a bowl, add 2 tbsp. of sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add the active yeast. Set it aside for about 15 minutes or until the yeast is activated or it starts to become foamy.
- In a separate large bowl, pour in the all-purpose flour and a pinch of salt. Mix. Create a hole in the middle and pour in the yeast mixture. Then add 1 egg.
- Mix until properly incorporated. Use your hands to start kneading the dough. Once it starts to come together, add about 50g of butter. Continue kneading for about 5 minutes or until butter is properly absorbed.
- Form it into a ball, put it back into the bowl, cover with a cling wrap and set aside for 1 hour or until the dough rise.
- Meanwhile, let’s prepare the filling. In a bowl, pour in 1 cup of milk, 3 egg yolks, condensed milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk. Pour in the cornstarch and whisk until it dissolved.
- Prepare a saucepan, set the fire to low, and pour in the mixture. It requires constant stirring to avoid burning. Once it thickens, add the butter. Mix and turn off the fire. Set aside and let it cool.
- After an hour. Let’s get back working on the dough. Dust some all-purpose flour on the table, knead the dough about 10 minutes.
- Form it into a log, divide into smaller pieces, and form them into balls. Arrange them in a pan, then using your palm, press the dough balls gently to flatten. Cover them with a cloth and set it aside for another 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, heat some good amount of oil in a pan. Fry the dough until golden brown on both sides. Let them cool.
- Using a chopstick or any pointed object, create a small hole on the side of the donut. Then coat it with confectioner’s sugar.
- Get a pastry piping bag, put the filling mixture inside. Then into the holes, you created, squeeze in a good amount of filling. To make it more enticing, leave a pea-sized filling outside the hole.
Note from Ren:
This may look like a long process, but it really isn’t, except you need to let the yeast activate and your dough to rise. But in the end, nothing beats the feeling of knowing how to make your own bavarian donuts at home.
This can also be a good business opportunity for you.
For further questions, drop a comment below or email me or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Get your own Masflex Pan from Shopee:
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video: