Yes, this might sound unusual, but this chicken recipe is a must-try. Imagine you add the bbq flavor to your favorite fried chicken. Once you’ve tried this BBQ fried chicken recipe at home, this can be your new favorite.
Here’s how to cook BBQ Fried Chicken:
8 pcs Chicken Drumstick
1 cup All-purpose Flour
1 cup Banana Ketchup
3/4 cup Calamansi Extract
6 cloves Garlic (crushed)
1 tbsp. Oyster Sauce
2 tbsp. Sugar
- Prepare the marinade. In a bowl, combine in the calamansi extract, ketchup, oyster sauce, sugar, garlic and then season with salt and pepper. Mix.
- Put in the chicken and marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Pour in the chicken with the marinade in the pot. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and put it in a rack to drain excess sauce.
- Prepare the flour, season it with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken to coat.
- Heat a good amount of oil in a pan and fry the chicken until cooked.
- To make the sauce, put back the remaining marinade in the pot to the stove. Let it simmer and pour in some flour diluted in water, stir until it thickens.
Serve and Enjoy!
Note from Ren:
It’s better to marinate the chicken overnight for a more flavorful result. You can also add more spices to your flour, like garlic powder or chili powder if you want to.
If you have any questions or suggestions, just drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try: