Are you planning to prepare some kakanin at home but you think most of them are so hard to prepare? Try this easy 4-ingredients espasol recipe. Make sure to add this to your menu list.
Here’s How to Make Espasol:
500g Glutinous Rice Flour
450ml Coconut Milk
1.5 Cup Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- In a pan, pour in the glutinous rice flour, in a medium heat, cook until slightly brown. Set aside about half a cup of it for dusting.
- In a pan, pour in the coconut milk, add the sugar and vanilla extract. Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- When it starts to simmer, pour in the cooked glutinous rice flour. Mix thoroughly. (It might be a little hard to mix when it starts to thicken) Be patient!
- When they’re all properly incorporated, turn off the fire. Set it aside and let it cool, or until you’re able to manage the hotness.
- Put the espasol mixture in a flat surface and start kneading, until smooth. Sprinkle some cooked glutinous rice flour to dust. Use rolling pin for easy kneading. Shape according to your liking. Cut into serving pieces.
Note from Ren:
I learned this simple recipe when I was in High School and I’m sharing this with you. You can also add shredded young coconut meat if you want to.
For more questions and suggestions, leave a comment below or email me or send me a message on our Facebook Page.
Watch the video: