Here’s another homemade snack recipe that’s fresh, delicious and definitely healthy. We will be making fish crackers or fish kropek from scratch, no preservatives added. This can also be a great business idea for everyone.
Here’s how to make Homemade Fish Crackers or Fish Kropek:
300g Fish Fillet (Any fish)
2-3 Cups Tapioca Starch
1 tsp. Garlic Powder (optional)
- Using a blender, blend the fish into paste. Make sure to add water gradually while blending.
- Pour in the fish paste into a bowl. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Add tapioca starch into the mixture gradually for easy mixing. Do that until the dough is firm and almost dry. (Grease your hands with oil before handling the dough so it won’t stick to your hands that much).
- Dust the dough with more tapioca powder and knead a little until smooth. Cut into two parts and make them into logs.
- Steam the dough for 20 minutes. Let it cool and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Cut the dough into thin slices. Arrange in a tray and dry them under the sun for 1 day.
- Deep fry and enjoy your fish kropek!
Note from Ren:
For this recipe, we also try frying the fresh slices (we just take out the dough from the fridge, slice and fry). Obviously, there’s a difference with how they end up. The sun-dried ones are crispier.
For questions and suggestions, drop a comment below, email me or direct message us on our Facebook page.
Other recipes to try: