We all love milktea. We’re craving for it, but we’re on quarantine and we can’t go out. So probably it’s time for us to learn how to make milktea at home. Also, we’ll learn how to make tapioca pearls from scratch. For this version, I will not be using a black food color (since I can’t find it in any supermarket). That’s why I’m calling it, not so black pearls. 🙂
Here’s how to Make Homemade Milktea with Pearls:
1 cup Tapioca Starch
3 Black Tea Bags
1 cup Brown Sugar (separate half from half)
1 tbsp. Coffee Liquid Food Flavor
1/2 cup Water (for tapioca mixture)
Hot Water (for the tea)
Tapioca Pearls Making:
- In a pan, pour in 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup water and Coffee Liquid Food Flavor. Turn on the heat and mix. Pour in half of the tapioca starch. Mix thoroughly. Turn off the heat and add in the remaining tapioca starch. Mix.
- Pour in the mixture in the flat surface, knead until smooth. Roll into small logs and cut into smaller pieces. Roll into balls.
- Pour in some water in a pot. When it starts to boil. Drop the tapioca pearls and cook until it becoems transparent. Set aside.
- Pour in some hot water into the bag of black tea. Let it sit for a few minutes before removing the bags.
- Prepare the milktea glass. Add some tapioca pearls. Then white sugar. Then add the ice. Pour in the black tea, then the fresh milk. Stir.
Note from Ren:
If you have black food color, you can use that instead of the coffee flavor liquid to achieve the real black pearl colors. Also, you can use sugar syrup instead of white sugar. You can also buy big tapioca pearls and cook them.
If you have any questions or suggestions, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video: