Here’s another version of Puto Cheese that I know you would want to learn how to cook. Since we will be adding malunggay, you can be sure that this malunggay puto cheese is absolutely healthy. You now have a way to let your kids eat malunggay without them even knowing it.
Here’s how to Make Malunggay Puto Cheese:
2 cups All-purpose Flour
1/2 cup Malunggay Leaves
1 cup Evaporated Milk
2 tbsp. Baking Powder
1 cup Sugar
2 tbsp. Cooking Oil
1 cup Water
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Pour in 1 cup of water in the blender. Then add in the malunggay leaves. Blend away!
- Pour in the mixture into a bowl, add in the evaporated milk, oil, egg, vanilla extract, and sugar. Whisk until properly blended.
- Add in the all-purpose flour and baking powder. Whisk until puto batter is smooth and a bit runny. You can add more water if needed. The mixture should not be too thick or watery.
- Brush some oil on the molders. Pour in some puto mixture, just half-way in the molders. Put a piece of cheese on top.
- Steam for about 10-15 minutes.
Note from Ren:
Trust me, you can never tell that there’s malunggay on it. It’s green which makes it even more enticing. You can adjust the amount of sugar if you want to. Just a tip, make sure that your water is boiling before you put in and steam the puto.
If you have any questions or suggestions, just drop a comment below or you can send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video: