Here’s one rice snack recipe you can try at home. We will also be using leftover rice so it’s less expensive. Other ingredients include sugar, butter and cooking oil. Or you can just sprinkle some sugar all over the puffed rice and indulge!
Here’s how to Cook Puffed Rice using Leftover Rice:
1 cup Leftover Cooked Rice
3/4 cup Sugar
- Prepare the rice. Place them in a tray and let them dry under the sun.
- Heat some good amount of oil in a pan.
- Drop sun-dried rice. When they start to float and turned light brown. Remove from the pan and put in a strainer to remove excess oil.
- In a separate pan, melt the sugar in a very low heat. Then add in the butter. Mix.
- Pour in the puffed rice. Mix until they’re all coated with sugar.
- Pour it in a container and shape are desired. Let it cool.
Cut into smaller pieces before serving. Enjoy!
Note from Ren:
I grew up seeing my folks making puffes rice from our leftover rice. So I’m sharing this recipe with you especially we all are going throught his covid19 crises and we are looking for ways to prepare delicious and less expensive snacks at home.
You can nut, honey or any grains you want to make your puffed rice crunchy and flavorful.
If you have any questions or suggestions, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try: