Due to public demand, here’s a version of rice puto using a blender. This rice puto is a 3-ingredient recipe that I know many of you will love. It’s very easy to prepare and a perfect pair for dinuguan.
Here’s how to Make Rice Puto (Putong Bigas sa Dahon ng Saging):
2 cups White Rice
1.5 cup White Sugar
2 tbsp. Baking Powder
- Wash the rice with water. Then set aside and soak it overnight.
- Pour in soaked rice in the blender. Add about a cup of the water where you soaked it. Blend until smooth.
- Pour in the rice batter in a bowl, add in the sugar, and the baking powder. Mix. Set aside.
- Meanwhile. Prepare the banana leaves. Wilt them using the stove fire.
- Cut the leaves lengthwise, then cut into squares. Fold it into four parts and start cutting from one edge to another creating a curve. That will create a circular shape leaves. (see the video on how to do it).
- Prepare the molders. Line them with banana leaves. Brush some oil to prevent puto from sticking.
- Pour in some puto batter on the molders, filling about 1/3 of the molder.
- Steam for about 15 minutes. Make sure that the water is boiling before you put in the puto.
Serve with some hot dinuguan! Enjoy!
Note from Ren:
My mother use to make this at home and sell it in our neighborhood. So this recipe is not new to me. What’s new is I’m going to use a blender to grind the rice. Normally we would just bring the soaked rice in our local market and have it grind. 2 cups of rice will yield about 25 pieces of puto. Another tip is make sure that the water is rapidly boiling before putting in the puto so you’ll achieve the right shape and texture. It’s also great to use “laon” rice.
If you have any questions or suggestions, just drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Get your own Masflex Steamer/Deep Fryer from Shopee:
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video:
[…] How to Make Homemade Milktea with “Not so Black” Pearls How to Make Malunggay Puto Cheese How to Make Rice Puto (Putong Bigas sa Dahon ng Saging) using a Blender […]
[…] to Make Malunggay Puto Cheese How to Make Rice Puto (Putong Bigas sa Dahon ng Saging) using a Blender How to Make Tuna Pie using Sliced Bread for 100-Peso […]