If you are craving for your favorite palabok, here’s one simple and easy palabok recipe that you can try at home. No fancy process, not many ingredients to prepare.
Here’s How to Make Simple and Easy Palabok:
500g Palabok Noodles
400g Ground Pork
1/2 Cup Annato Powder
4 cloves Garlic
50g Green Onions
1/2 cup Cornstarch
- Soak the noodles in a pot of water for 10-15 minutes.Then turn on the fire. Cook noodles for 8-10 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
- Pan fry the shrimp heads.(you can add a little oil).
- Saute onion and garlic.Add and cook the ground pork. Then add the shrimps (shelled, deveined). Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour 1/2 cup water with 2 tsp. Annato Powder. Add the green onions. Cook until liquid dries out.
- Set aside half of the mixture for toppings.
- Put the pan-fried head of the shrimps in 1 cup of water. Crush and drain. Pour it into the pan.
- Add 2 more cups of water with 1 tbsp. of Annato Powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in 1/2 cup diluted cornstarch. Cook until the sauce thickens.
- Plate everything. Sprinkle some crushed pork chicharon and green onions.
Note from Ren:
The last palabok recipe that I mean wasn’t really a success. So I am making this one again. This time, I made it a little simpler, fewer ingredients, faster process.
For more questions and suggestions, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on Facebook.
Watch the video here:
Other recipes to try: