Are you craving for some tuna pie? Why don’t you try making it at home? With only 100 peso budget, you and your family can enjoy your favorite tuna pie. Instead of making and kneading your own dough, we’re going to use sliced bread.
Here’s how to Make Tuna Pie using Sliced Bread:
1 small can Tuna Flakes in Oil (drain the oil)
1 small pack of Sliced Bread
1 small pack of Mayonnaise
1 Onion (chopped)
- Prepare the bread. Remove it’s crust, brown edges and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the bread.
- In a bowl, mix in the tuna, mayonnaise, onion, chopped bread crust, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place one slice of bread on the board, scoop about a tablespoon of mixture, spread it on one side of the bread.
- Brush some egg white on the edges. Close and seal by pressing a fork on all the edges.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan. Fry the bread until golden brown on both sides. Use paper towel to remove excess oil.
Note from Ren:
I’m glad to share this recipe to everyone. It’s one cheap recipe that you can try but it’s still delicious. If you want to be more extravagant, you can add some cheese to the mixture. But since this is just a 100 peso recipe, I didn’t add cheese.
If you have any questions or suggestion, just drop a comment below or send me an email to direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try: