Since there’s ube cheese pandesal craze that many people loved. This time, we’re going to try making a turon version of it. But instead of using ube, which I know isn’t available locally in all places, we are going to try using purple-colored kamote. Then we’re going to add Alaska Condensada Ubelicious Macapuno.
Here’s how to make How to Make Ube Cheese Turon:
600g Purple-colored Kamote
3/4 cup Alaska Condensada Flavor Hits Ubelicious Macapuno
- Peel and slice the kamote into small cubes. Boil, drain water and set aside.
- Mash the kamote. Add in the butter, then the Alaska Condensada Flavor Hits Ubelicious Macapuno. Mix properly.
- Place lumpia wrapper, scoop ube mixture and spread at the bottom part of the wrapper, then place one piece of cheese. Wrap and seal.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Drizzle some Alaska condensada before serving.
Note from Ren:
I just saw that Alaska Ubelicious in the grocery store and I thought that it’s a good alternative in making ube halaya like mixture. I tried making this turon and it was a hit.
If you have any questions and suggestions about this recipe, please drop a comment below or email me or direct message us on our Facebook page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video: