Karne prita is a beef dish that is very similar to tagalog bistek. It’s a marinated beef, cooked and topped with some onion rings. It’s definitely not a complicated dish to prepare but absolutely delicious.
Here’s how to cook Karne Prita:
600g Beef Sirloin
1 cup Soy Sauce
1 cup Vinegar
4 cloves Garlic (crushed)
1 White Onion (rings)
2 tbsp. Calamansi Extract
- Put beef sirloin cuts in a bowl, pour in the soy sauce, vinegar, calamansi extract, and garlic. Then season with salt and pepper. Mix and marinate for about an hour.
- Once done marinating, remove the beef from the bowl, place them in a rack, allowing the excess marinade to drip and dry the beef a bit.
- Heat pan, pour in about 2 tbsp of the marinade, then add in the onion rings. Cook until soft and translucent. Set aside.
- In the same pan, pan-fry the beef until brown on both sides. No need to add oil.
- Then remove all the beef slices from the pan. Pour in the remaining marinade, let it simmer and add back in the beef.
- Cook until the marinated sauce dries out. Add in the onions rings. You can drizzle some oil at the end. But that’s optional.
Serve and Enjoy!
Note from Ren:
This is definitely a well-loved beef recipe here in Iloilo. The best thing is it’s very easy and not so expensive to cook. Some people will sundry the beef before pan-frying.
If you have any questions or suggestions about this recipe, just drop your comment or you can email me or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try: