Who doesn’t like it? if you happen to see a kwek kwek vendor, you definitely see how people lines up just to buy their favorite street food. Well, what about preparing kwek kwek at home? You can eat all you can, and you can make whatever dipping sauce you want. It’s time for you to learn how to cook your favorite street food.
Here’s how to cook Kwek Kwek:
2 dozens Quail Eggs (or as many as you want) 🙂
1 1/2 cups All-purpose Flour
1/2 tbsp. Baking Powder
2 tbsp. Anato Powder (atsuete)
1 cup Chicken Broth or water
Sweet chili Sauce
1. Boil the quail eggs for about 6 minutes. Peel off the shells and set aside.
2. In a bowl, pour in the half cup of all-purpose flour. Drop in the hard boiled quail eggs and coat them with the flour. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, pour in the remaining 1 cup of all-purpose flour. Then dilute the anato powder in a cup of chicken broth. Pour them into the flour. Whisk until properly incorporated.
4. Then add in the baking powder and season with salt and pepper.
5. One by one drop the flour-coated quail eggs on the mixture. Then coat the eggs thoroughly.
6. Heat some cooking oil in a pan. Using a spoon, scoop the coated quail eggs one by one and fry for about 5 minutes on both sides.
7. Use paper towel to remove excess oil.
1. In a bowl, just combine the vinegar, sweet chili sauce, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
Note from Delish:
The first time I tasted kwek kwek, I just can’t get enough of it. So I decided to try to make it at home. Some are using artificial food color, but I’d rather use anato powder for a healthier option. You can make any dip sauce of your choice as well.
Get you own Pan: https://amzn.to/2lrVE5N
If you have any question or suggestion, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Other Snacks Recipes:
Watch how to cook Kwek Kwek here: