Linupak, or also called nilupak. This is probably one of the local banana recipes that you already missed. Although you need a big wooden mortar and pestle for this, there is an alternative if you don’t have one. This is an easy version of this native Filipino linupak recipe.
Here’s how to make Linupak:
7 pieces Unripe Bananas (saba)
1/2 cup Young Coconut Meat (shredded)
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1. Boil unripe banana. Let it cool and peel.
2. Instead of using mortar and pestle. Use a zip lock bag.
3. Put the boiled bananas, mash and pound.
4. Pour into a bowl. Mix in the young coconut meat and brown sugar.
5. Use a masher to continuously mash the linupak mixture until you achieve the right texture. And that is when they all start to stick together.
Serve and Enjoy!
Note from Delish:
This is just an alternative process. You can surely use your kitchen mortar and pestle to pound. It would also be great if you can use that big wooden mortar and pestle we call “lusong” in Iloilo.
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or message us on our Facebook Page.
Other Snacks Recipe to try:
Watch how to make Linupak na Saging here: