Want to have something healthy that you know your kids won’t say no? Try this Macaroni with Creamy Carrot Sauce. You will now a have a good way to let your picky-eater kids eat plenty of carrots. This this is absolutely delicious that they won’t event know that they are actually eating carrots.
Here’s how to cook Macaroni with Creamy Carrot Sauce:
300g Elbow Macaroni
300g ground Chicken
3 medium sized Carrots
1 cup All purpose Cream
2 Bell Peppers
1 can Dona Elena Whole Peeled Tomatoes
1. Add a good amount of water in a Casserole. Drop in some salt. Cook elbow macaroni pasta base on the packaging instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. In the same pot, heat some canola oil. Add in the diced carrots.
3. Then add in Whole Peeled Tomatoes and bell peppers.
4. Add in the cream, parsley and cheddar cheese. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes. Let cool.
5. Using a blender, blend the carrot mixture.
6. In a large deep fry pan, heat some butter.
7. Saute garlic and onions.
8. Add in the ground chicken. Saute more.
9. Add in the cooked macaroni.
10. Pour in the blended sauce.
11. Add in the cheddar cheese, parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I have received a lot of recipe request for picky-eater kids and this is one of them. Since kids love mac and cheese, you can incorporate carrots to make it healthier. You can also add more cheese and other ingredients like sausage to make it more enticing for kids.
If you have any question about this recipe. Please drop your comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to cook Macaroni with Creamy Carrot Sauce: