Maja kalabasa is a healthier version of Maja Blanca. If you are looking for a healthier and guilt-free snack dessert for your family and the kids. You should know that kalabasa (squash) contains vitamins and minerals good for your body. Adding kalabasa on the original maja blanca recipe is such a great idea.
Here’s how to cook Maja Kalabasa (Squash Pudding):
200g of squash (enough to make 2 cups of mashed/puree)
2 cups coconut milk
1/2 cup condensed milk
1 and 1/2 cups cornstarch
1. Slice squash in similar sizes in order for them to cook at the same time.
2. Put them in a pot first, then add a good amount of water. Then turn the fire on. Don’t drop the squash in a boiling water, they tend to cook unevenly.
3. Drain cooked squash and mash well. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix in the coconut milk and condensed milk. Whisk well.
5. Pour in the cornstarch and whisk until evenly it smoothens.
6. Combine in 2 cups of puree/mashed squash. Then mix well until you get the good texture of the batter.
7. In a large pan, put the butter.
8. Pour in the batter/mixture. Stir continuously until it starts to become fluffy. Remove from heat right away.
9. In a pan or a molder, pour it in while it’s hot. Spread evenly and chill for about 30 minutes.
10. Sprinkle some roasted peanut at the top.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I was looking for some healthy snack, and this Maja Kalabasa (Squash Pudding) is what I decided to prepare. When I first tried it, I know that this is something that everyone would love. And I even craved for it. So I’m preparing this and sharing this to everyone so you can try it too. You won’t regret it!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to drop me a message.
Watch how to cook Maja Kalabasa (Squash Pudding):