Here’s one healthy dessert that you might want to try at home. Instead of making your traditional maja blanca recipe, you can make it healthier but still absolutely delicious, and that’s by using squash or kalabasa. This can also be a great way to let your kids eat squash.
Here’s how to cook Maja Kalabasa:
2 cups Coconut milk
1 can Condensed milk
2 cups Cornstarch
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
Roasted Peanuts (crushed)
- Slice squash in similar sizes in order for them to cook at the same time.
- Pour in a good amount of water in a pot, add in the squash, turn on the heat and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain cooked squash and mash well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add in the mashed squash. Then pour in the coconut milk and the condensed milk. Then add in the coconut sugar and the vanilla extract. Mix everything evenly.
- Pour in the cornstarch and whisk until it becomes smooth.
- In a large pan, put the butter.
- Pour in the batter/mixture. Pour in about a half cup of roasted peanuts. Stir continuously until it starts to become thick. Remove from heat right away.
- Pour into a dish. Spread evenly and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle some more roasted peanuts on top.
Chill and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I was looking for some healthy snack, and this Maja Kalabasa (Squash Pudding) is what I decided to prepare. When I first tried it, I know that this is something that everyone would love. So I’m preparing this and sharing this with everyone so you can try it too.
If you have any questions or suggestions, drop your comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other Recipes to try: