Here’s another cheap, easy and delicious dish that you might want to try. As I promised, I will be featuring “SAAN AABOT ANG 100 PESOS MO?” recipes. If you are looking for a perfect soup to cook, this Misua and Sardines with Patola is what you need. No fancy cooking required. Yet it’s absolutely delicious that your family will surely like.
Here’s how to cook Misua and Sardines with Patola:
2 cans Sardines in tomato sauce
1 large sized patola (sponge gourd)
1 medium sized onion
3 cloves garlic
4 cups of water
1. Heat oil in a pan. Saute garlic and onions.
2. Pour in the sardines, saute for a minute.
3. Pour in 4 cups of water. Stir and cover. Let it simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Add in the misua. Give it a good stir. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add in the sliced patola.
6. Cover and simmer or until the patola start to soften.
Ready and Serve
*Tip: Often misua are salty, thus, you might not need to add salt.
Note from Delish:
I have received a lot of messages requesting for me to prepare easy and less expensive dishes. Thus, I have this SAAN AABOT ANG 100 PESOS MO series where I will be featuring dishes that goes with your 100 pesos budget.
If you have any questions about this dish or any other inquiries, don’t hesitate to drop me a message or comment below.
Watch how to cook Misua at Sardinas na may Patola here: