Looking for some sweet and flavorful beef recipe? Then Mongolian Beef should be added to your menu list. It’s sauce combination is what make it savory beef dish. Serve it with hot bowl of rice and you’ll definitely ask for more.
Here’s how to cook Mongolian Beef:
500g Beef Sirloin Cuts
1/2 cup Cornstarch
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
1 tbsp. Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp. Hoisin Sauce
1 tsp. Brown Sugar
1 tbsp. Vinegar
1/2 cup Green Onions (cut into 1 inch long)
1 Egg white
Slurry (Cornstarch diluted in water)
- In a bowl, mix in the beef, egg white ad cornstarch. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until beef is evenly coated.
- Prepare the sauce. In a separate bowl mix in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, vinegar and sugar. Also pour in about a 3/4 cups of water. Mix until properly incorporated. Set aside.
- Heat a good amount of oil in a pan, fry beef until brown on both sides. Use paper towel to remove excess oil. Set aside.
- Saute onion, garlic, ginger and green onions. Add fresh chili.
- Add back in the fried beef. Pour in the sauce mixture. Cook for about 10 minutes. Then add in the green onions.
- Lastly, to thicken the sauce, pour in the slurry or cornstarch diluted in water. Cook for another 5 minutes.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
It’s time to make your own mongolian beef at home. I also added few slices of chilies to add some kick.
If you have any question about this dish, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other Beef Recipes to try:
Watch how to cook Mongolian Beef here:
[…] Gourmet Tuyo Squid Steak Mongolian Beef […]
[…] Mongolian Beef Beef Tapa with Soda Beef Teriyaki on Sticks […]
[…] Sweet and Sour Meatballs Bistek with Mushrooms Mongolian Beef […]