For any special occasion, whole roasted chicken is the star. With this recipe, you don’t need to have an oven to prepare delicious whole chicken glazed with some pineapple syrup. That sweetness and sourness will me you drool and ask for more.
Here’s how to cook Whole Chicken with Pineapple (No Oven):
1 whole dressed Chicken
1 Lemon (sliced)
1 White Onions (cubed)
6 cloves Garlic (crushed)
1 stalk Lemon Grass
1 can Pineapple Slices
1 can Pineapple Chunks
2 medium sizes Carrots (cut into an inch)
50 Green Beans
2 cups Pineapple Juice or syrup
1 tbsp. Brown Sugar
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
1. Place one whole chicken in a dish. Stuff it with onions, garlic, lemon and lemon grass.
2. Pour in the pineapple juice. Season the chicken soy sauce, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Rub and splash some pineapple juice all over the chicken. Set it aside and marinate for about 1 hour. You will need to flip the chicken after 30 minutes of marinating to soak the other side.
3. Prepare a large pot. Put the marinated whole chicken. Pour in the marinade as well.
4. Add in all the remaining onions, garlic and lemon grass. Cover and cook for about 30 minutes.
5. Remove the lemon grass and flip the chicken on the other side. Add the carrots and beans. Then the pineapple slices and chunks. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
6. Remove the chicken and let it rest while removing all the vegetables and pineapples from the pot.
7. Put back in the chicken and cook until the sauce starts to thicken. Brush some sauce all over the chicken.
6. Serve and garnish it with vegetables and pineapples. Or you can serve them separately.
Note from Delish:
Since many of you are asking me about not using an oven for a roasted whole chicken. Here’s my version of it. Adding pineapple juice and sugar will create a thick sweet sauce that will make your chicken look and taste delicious.
If you have any question about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Other Chicken Recipes to try:
Watch how to cook No Oven Whole Chicken with Pineapple here: