Been wanting to eat orange chicken? Then it’s time for you to learn how to cook orange chicken at home. It might seem unusual, but yes, orange and chicken make a perfect combo. This dish is easy and utmost delicious.
Here’s how to cook Orange Chicken:
500g Chicken Breast Fillet (cut into serving sizes)
1 large sized Orange
3/4 cups All-purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Cornstarch
1 cup Orange Juice
3 cloves Garlic
1 tsp. Soy Sauce
1/2 cup Vinegar
1/4 cup Cold water
Cornstarch (Diluted in 1 tbsp. Water)
1. In a bowl, combine in the all-purpose flour, cornstarch, egg, salt and pepper and cold water. Whisk until batter become smooth.
2. Add in the chicken breasts and mix in to coat. Set aside or chill for about 10 minutes.
3. Heat some canola oil in a fry pan. Fry the chicken slices on both sides until brown. Use paper towel to remove excess oil. Set aside.
4. Heat a separate pan, pour in the orange juice. Then add in the chopped garlic, then the vinegar and the soy sauce. Let simmer.
5. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the lemon zests.
6. Pour in diluted cornstarch until the sauce starts to thicken.
7. Add in the fried chicken cuts. Sprinkle some green onions. Give some good stir.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
You are certainly familiar with the orange chicken being sold in some Chinese restaurants. And you can’t deny that it’s definitely delicious. So it’s time to make your own version at home. For the orange juice, you can either use the freshly squeezed juice or canned.
If you have any question, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to cook Orange Chicken here:
[wpedon id=”1537″ align=”center”]