Want to bring that expensive ox tongue that you normally ordered in a restaurant at home? Preparing and cooking ox tongue is never that hard. You can find ox tongue in supermarkets, though you can’t find it more often, at least you know how to prepare and cook them the first time. This Ox Tongue in Butter Cream Sauce will definitely become one of your favorites and that your family will truly love.
Ox tongue ( you can buy this per piece) but for this recipe, take about 400g, boiled and sliced
800g mushrooms in can
300g green peas
290g cream of mushrooms in can
2 cup all purpose cream
1 white onion
5 cloves of garlic
How to prepare the Ox Tongue
1. Put the ox tongue in a large pot, add some water and boil it for about 2-3 hours. Or until you see that it’s skin starts to crack.
2. Take it out from fire, let cool. Peel off the skin completely.
3. Slice it thinly. Do it crosswise.
1. In a saucepan, melt the butter.
2. Add the white onions, cook until it becomes translucent.
3. Add in the garlic.
4. Pour in the sliced ox tongue and saute a bit.
5. Pour in the beef broth. Cover for about 5 minutes.
6. Add in the mushrooms and the green peas.
7. Simmer for another 2 minutes.
8. Pour in the cream and the cream of mushrooms.
9. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
10. Season it with salt and pepper.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I dined in to one of the local restaurants and I ordered their lengua (ox tongue). And I kind of think to try cooking it at home. And now I’m sharing it with you. Ox tongue is can be an expensive option when you dine out. But what about you cook it at home? It’ll save you money and your family will definitely love it.
Also, my video while adding salt and pepper got corrupted. So it wasn’t shown on the YouTube video that I uploaded. Anyhow, enjoy cooking!
If you have any questions about this recipe. Don’t forget to drop me a message.
Watch how to cook Ox Tongue in Butter Cream Sauce here: