This is not your usual paksiw na pata. In order to add more flavor and make it even more delicious, a little twist was made. The combination of mushrooms, pineapple and pork will make you ask for it even more. Adding some fresh chili to give a bit of a spicy kick.
Here’s how to cook Paksiw na Pata with Pineapple and Mushrooms:
1kg Pork Pata (Ham Leg)
1 can Jolly Pineapple Tidbits (reserve syrup)
1 can Jolly Whole Mushrooms
3/4 cup Vinegar
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
1 medium sized Red Onion
3 cloves Garlic
1. Heat the pan without putting oil. Put the pork pata in, season both sides with salt and pepper. Once both sides are brown, remove from pan and set aside.
2. On the same pan, add about 1 cup of water. Pour in the pineapple tidbits syrup and vinegar.
3. Add in the chopped onions and garlic. Then the soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Drop in the bay leaves.
5. Put back in all the pork pata. Cook for about an hour or until the pata becomes tender. You can also use a pressure cooker for fast cooking.
6. Add in the fresh chili, mushrooms and pineapple chunks/tidbits.
7. Cover for another 10 minutes.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
Since here at Delish PH we want to be more innovative when cooking dishes, here’s another pork dish that’s probably new to your ears. But it’s time for you to give a try. I’d say my family loves this, and I guess you will.
If you have any questions about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to cook Paksiw na Pata with Pineapple and Mushrooms here:
[wpedon id=”1537″ align=”center”]