No time to fire up some charcoal at home? Or you just don’t have enough space for grilling. Here’s one great recipe that you can try. If you love chicken bbq, this Pan Grilled Chicken BBQ will satisfy your cravings, in a less messy and no more hassle way. This recipe is the basic Filipino chicken recipe.
Here’s how to cook Pan Grilled Chicken BBQ:
4 Chicken Leg Quarter cut
1 cup Banana Ketchup
1 can Soda
2 tbsp Calamansi Juice
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Garlic Bulb (crushed)
1 tsp Cooking Oil
Cornstarch (diluted in 2 tbsp of water)
- Mix in the marinade in a bowl. A can of soda, ketchup, soy sauce, calamansi and garlic. Season with Salt and pepper.
- Cut a slit on the chicken leg quarter. Marinate the chicken for an hour or even overnight.
- Pour in the chicken with the marinade in a pot. Cook for about 20 minutes. Remove the chicken while leaving the marinade in the pot.
- Add more salt and pepper to the sauce. To thicken the sauce, pour in the cornstarch diluted in water. Give it a final stir and set aside.
- Heat the grill pan. Pan grill the chicken while gradually brushing some sauce.
Serve with pinakurat or soy sauce with calamansi dip.
Note from Delish:
Here’s one recipe that I am glad I decided to try making. Because just like you, I don’t have much time to fire up charcoal. But it still taste like a grilled version.
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch how to cook Pan Grilled Chicken BBQ:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: