We Filipinos believe that eating noodles and pancit means long life. Thus, this coming new year’s celebration, you might want to try cooking this Pancit Canton Special. I’d say this is not your ordinary pancit canton recipe. It is packed with vegetables and all other ingredients resulting to an even more delicious pancit canton dish.
Here’s how to cook Pancit Canton Special:
450g Pancit Canton
200g Chicken Breast Fillet (cut into an inch long)
250g Shrimp (shell removed, deveined, reserve the head)
3 pcs Chinese Sausage (sliced thinly)
1 medium sized Carrot (sliced)
1 Broccoli Head
2 cups Cabbage (shredded)
1/2 cup Green Onions (cut into an inch long)
1 medium sized Onion (chopped)
1 tbsp. Soy Sauce
Hard Boiled Egg (sliced for plating)
- Heat some cooking oil in a pan. Add the chicken, season with salt, pepper and 1 tbsp. soy sauce. Cook for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- On the same pan, add the shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- On the same pan, add more cooking oil. Saute onion and garlic.
- Add the shrimp heads and Chinese sausage. Cook for about 5 minutes, then pour about 1 cup and half of water. Season with salt, pepper and 1 tbsp. of soy sauce.
- Add in the carrots. Cover and let it boil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the pancit canton. Give a gentle mix. Then add the broccoli. Cover the pan for about 5 minutes.
- Add back in the cooked chicken and shrimps. Also add the green onions and the cabbage. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Top with some sliced hard-boiled egg and calamansi.
Serve and Enjoy!
Note from Delish:
I know you will love this version of pancit canton. I call it special because of all the added ingredients added to add more flavor to your usual pancit canton. You can add more vegetables if you want to.
If you have questions or suggestions about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other Recipes to try:
Watch how to cook Pancit Canton Special here: