Pancit Palabok is one of the popular pancit recipe in the country. It is very easy to prepare. It might take some time to prepare all the toppings such as tinapa, pork, tofu, hard boiled eggs, and other ingredients that you might want to add. It’s one great dish to prepare for your family.
Here’s how to cook Pancit Palabok:
400g pancit bihon
1/2 kl ground pork
200g pork chop (cut into serving size)
100g medium sized shrimp (peeled)
1 cup tinapa/smoked fish (shredded)
1 cup chicharon (crashed)
2 hard boiled egg
1/4 cup green onions
1 medium sized onion
5 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp annatto powder (diluted)
1/2 cup cornstarch (diluted)
1 tbsp fish sauce
shrimp stock (you can use the shrimp heads to make the stock)
1. Prepare the pancit bihon. In a pan, pour in a good amount of water. Let it simmer or until small bubbles appear. Put the pancit bihon in. Soak and cook for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. In a different pan, pour in the pork cuts, add salt and pepper. Cook until it turns brown. Remove from pan.
3. In the same pan, add the shredded smoked fish. Fry until it becomes a bit crisp. Remove and set aside.
4. In a sauce pan, saute garlic and onion. Add in the ground pork and the shrimp.
5. Pour in the shrimp stock. Pour in diluted annatto powder.
6. Season with fish sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Pour in the diluted cornstarch. Add more if needed to make the sauce.
8. To serve, pour in a good amount of sauce on top of the cooked pancit bihon. Drop all the toppings in – smoked fish, chicharon, pork cuts, eggs and green onions.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I think this dish is in time for the holiday and new year celebration. If you are looking for a good pancit (aka long life for pinoys) this is the best recipe for you. I am suppose to add tofu for a topping, but I can’t find any in the supermarket. I don’t know why. 🙂 For the tofu, cut them into cubes and fry.
If you have any question, don’t forget to drop me a message.
Watch how to cook Pancit Palabok here: