Looking for something new for dessert? Try making your own Pastimallows. With its name, you’ll know that it is a combination of pastillas and marshmallows. It is very easy to prepare, no cooking required and would only take 15 minutes to make.
Here’s how to prepare Pastimallows:
2 1/2 – 2 3/4 cups powdered milk
1 cup condensed milk
1 pack medium sized marshmallows
1 tsp. butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
1. In a bowl, mix in the powdered and the condensed milk. Knead well until you get the right texture (similar to the pastillas mixture). If you it’s too wet, add more powdered milk and vice versa. But the 2.5 is to 1 cup should be fine.
2. Blend in about a teaspoon of butter. This will at least keep the pastillas mixture becomes too sticky.
3. Coat marshmallows one by one with the pastillas mixture.
4. Roll them on the plate with caster sugar.
5. You can use the macaroons paper cups to arrange them well.
Its shelf life is about one month. It would stay longer if you keep them refrigerated.
Note from Delish:
I first tasted pastimallows on one lunch occasion, one of my church mate brought it. I liked it a lot. So I decided to try making one at home. And I would like to share it to everyone. pastillas + marshmallows = Pastimallows
If you have any questions about this, don’t forget to drop me a message.
Watch how to make Pastimallows here: