Wanted to serve something special this coming Thanksgiving celebration? Why don’t you try this No Oven Pineapple Glazed Whole Chicken. Yes, you don’t need an oven or a roaster oven to prepare a one whole chicken dish at home. Here’s one recipe that you definitely want to try at home.
Here’s how to cook Pineapple Glazed Whole Chicken (No Oven):
1 Whole Dressed Chicken
1 L Pineapple Juice
500g Pineapple Chunks
1 large-sized While Onion (half for the stuffing, half for the broth)
6 cloves Garlic
2 Stalks Lemongrass
4 Stalks Green Onions (cut into 3 inches long)
50g Coriander or Wansoy
100 g Green Beans
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tbsp. Chili Powder
1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
2 tbsp. Soy Sauce
Cornstarch diluted in water
- Pat dry the whole dressed chicken. Start stuffing the chicken with half onion, half lemon, 3 cloves garlic, 1 lemongrass, 2 stalks green onions and half of the coriander.
- Sprinkle some garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper all over the chicken, rub and pat gently. Set aside.
- In a large pot (enough to accommodate the chicken), pour in the pineapple juice, half onion, 1 lemongrass, 2 stalks green onions, sugar, water and season with salt and pepper.
- Put in the whole chicken inside and cook for about 1 hour. Flip on the other side if needed.
- Take the chicken out of the pot. Let it cool and set aside.
- In the meantime, remove the lemongrass from the broth and pour it in a large pan. Add in the soy sauce. Let it boil.
- Add in the green beans and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove the beans and set aside.
- Add in the pineapple chunks. Then pour in the cornstarch diluted in water. Cook until the sauce thickens,
- Pour in the sauce and pineapple chunks on tops of the chicken and garnish with green beans before serving.
Note from Ren:
This is a recipe that my family loves. And I figured out who needs an oven if you can cook a whole chicken in a pot? You can add more spices and vegetables if you want.
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe. Drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try:
Watch on video:
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel to watch more Cooking Videos: