Here’s one native and traditional recipe that you might want to try. Pork and Munggo with Gata is one popular dish in the Visayas that you can’t say no to. We will also be adding unripe jackfruit and some kamote leaves to make it even healthier. Something that you can prepare that your family will surely enjoy.
Here’s how to cook Pork and Munggo with Gata:
1 cup Munggo Beans
500g Pork (cut into smaller serving sizes)
1.5 cup Coconut Milk
100g Unripe Jackfruit (small cuts)
1 medium sized Onion (chopped)
3 clove Garlic (minced)
2 pcs Tomatoes (strips, seeds removed)
Kamote leaves (as much as you want)
- Wash the munggo beans. Pour a good amount of water in a bowl and pour in the beans. Remove the ones that float. Drain the water.
- Boil a good about of water in a pot. Then pour in the munggo beans and boil it for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Meanwhile in a pan, saute onion, garlic, and tomatoes. Then add in the pork. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the sauteed pork in the pot with cooked munggo beans. Let it boil for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the unripe jackfruit. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Lastly, add in the kamote leaves. Cover for about a minute.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
If you want to cook this recipe faster, you can boil the munggo beans early. It will definitely reduce your cooking time. Probably cook it at night, and just put it inside the refrigerator and you’re ready to cook in the morning.
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other recipes to try: