Love munggo? Well, this Pork Munggo recipe is perfect for you. Adding some coconut milk will make this dish even more tasty and delicious. Pair this with some fried meat or fish to complete your meal. And it’s absolutely easy to make.
Here’s how to cook Pork Munggo:
250g Munggo Beans
500g Pork Belly
1 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
100g Sweet Potato Leaves
1 medium sized Onion (chopped)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 tbsp. Fish Sauce
1. Boil some good amount of water in a cooking pot. Add the pork cuts and season with salt. Let it boil and cook for about 15 minutes or until the meat is cooked.
2. Remove the pork cuts from the pot, leaving the pork stock. Slice the pork into serving sizes. Set aside.
3. In the very same pot, pour in and cook the munggo beans until soft. Set aside.
4. In a separate cooking pot, sauté onion and garlic. Add in the pork slices. Then the tomatoes.
5. When the tomatoes starts to soften, pour in the cooked munggo beans (including the stock).
6. Season with fish sauce, salt and pepper.
7. Pour in the coconut milk. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Add in the sweet potato leaves. Cover for about 2 minutes. Make the final stir.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
This is my mom’s version of pork munggo. Instead of boiling the beans in plain water. It’s more tasty to use the same water we use to boil the pork. Also we are adding coconut milk, probably an Ilonggo style of doing it. But you can always exclude it.
If you have any question, please drop a comment below or send me an email.
Other Pork recipes to try:
Watch how to cook Pork Munggo here: