After making a recipe for Rice Puto in Banana Leaves, I had received a lot of inquiries about using Rice Flour instead of using rice and grind it. So this time, I decided trying to use rice flour to make puto cheese to see how it would work, and this is what I’ve got so far.
Here’s how to cook Puto Cheese (Using Rice Flour):
2 cups Rice Flour
3/4 Cup Milk (Evaporated or Fresh)
1/2 Cup Water
1 tbsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1. In a bowl, combine in the rice flour, milk and water. Mix everything properly. Cover with a cling wrap and refrigerate overnight.
2. On the batter mixture, add in the baking powder, sugar and vanilla. Mix until properly incorporated.
3. Using a strainer, strain the mixture, transferring to a different container, removing any lumps.
4. Boil some amount of water in a steamer. Place the puto molders and brush some oil.
5. Pour in mixture on each molder. Cover and steam for about 15 minutes.
6. Add a slice of cheese on top. Cover and steam for another 3 minutes.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I would say, I wasn’t really impressed on how the puto turned out. Unlike using rice, soaking it overnight and grind it, the one where I used rice flour is not that fluffy and the texture is different. But still, it tastes like puto cheese.
If you have any question about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to make Puto Cheese (Using Rice Flour) here: