No one would say no to puto cheese. With that, maybe it’s time for you to learn how to make it at home. It’s very easy to prepare and cook and it will not take much of your time. It is even cheaper as you might think it is. In order to add more flavor, use fresh milk. Or you can simply use canned evaporated milk.
Here’s how to make Puto Cheese:
2 cups All-purpose Flour
1 1/2 tbsp. Baking Powder
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 tbsp. Melted Butter
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 cups Fresh Milk
Cheddar Cheese (rectangular cut)
1. In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients first. All-purpose flour, baking powder and sugar. Give a good mix.
2. Put a well at the center and pour in melted butter, vanilla and egg.
3. Gradually add the milk. Use a whisker to mix everything thoroughly until you get the right consistency.
4. Strain the puto mixture, transferring to a different container. Straining will remove some lumps and will make your mixture smooth.
5. Boil some water in a steamer.
6. Brush some oil on the molder.
7. Once it starts boiling, arrange the cups and pour the puto mixture. Mixture should only be about 3/4 full. Steam for about 5 minutes.
8. Open and start topping them with cheese. Cover and continue steaming for another 3-5 minutes.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
I’ve received several request to prepare my own version of puto cheese. Here you go. I am using fresh milk here. Some might use evap milk, and that’s okay. But I’d prefer fresh milk because it makes the puto more delicious.
If you have any questions, pleser drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to make Puto Cheese here: