It’s this time of the year! Preparing something special is a must. Thus, if you know how to prepare and make this Rotisserie Chicken, you can prepare something delicious at home for your family. You don’t have to buy outside. And most of all, you can be sure that your Rotisserie Chicken is cooked fresh and delicious.
Here’s how to make Rotisserie Chicken:
1 Whole Chicken
1 Lemon Grass stalk
2 medium sized Potatoes
2 medium sized Carrots
2 Red Tomatoes
1 cup Snow Peas
1 head of Garlic
1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
1 tbsp. Chili Powder
1 tbsp. Ground Pepper
1 tsp. Dried Thyme
1 tsp. Salt
1. Combine all the spices. Garlic powder, chili powder, ground black pepper, Salt and dried Thyme.
2. Prepare the whole chicken. Make sure to pat it dry with paper towel.
3. Stuff the chicken with lemon grass, lemon, garlic and tomatoes. Sprinkle some spices mixture inside as well.
4. Brush some olive oil on the chicken. Start sprinkling the spices all over the chicken. Do this on both sides. Give it “tap” to make sure that the spices sticks to the chicken.
5. Place the Rotisseries Rod. Make sure to lock and secure the chicken on both ends with “fork-like” lock. Tie both legs (crossing each leg) with a string. As well as tie both wings. To secure even more, you can tie both legs with as string too.(See video for more details on how to do it).
6. In a baking pan, put all the veggies in. Potatoes, carrots, snow peas, garlic and tomatoes. Glaze with some olive oil.
7. Set Electric Oven to Rotisserie. Without preheating the oven. Put the chicken inside. That way it will not be that hot when you secure the chicken in place (See video for more details on how to do it). Set temperature to 250°C and timer to 1 hour.
8. After an hour, put in the pan with veggies. Set the time for another another 45 minutes.
Ready and Serve!
*Tip: Brush the chicken with some oil drippings from the pan to glaze before serving.
Note from Delish:
Since everyone is busy preparing and looking for recipes for Noche Buena and New Year’s Eve celebration, here’s one perfect chicken recipe you can try. Rotisserie Chicken will definitely look great on the table. This one has simple spices on it. But you can always add more spices if you want to.
If you have questions, please drop a comment below or send me an email.
Watch how to prepare and cook Rotisserie Chicken: