Here’s another affordable dish you can prepare for your family. With you 100-Peso budget, you can prepare this healthy and definitely delicious recipe. This works perfectly for picky-eater kids. You can now have them eat ampalaya with ease. This is an original Delish PH recipe, so I call it AmChoLog.
Here’s how to cook AmChoLog:
2 pcs medium sized ampalaya (bitter gourd)
4 pieces large sized chorizo
2 cloves garlic
1 medium sized red onion
Jolly Canola Oil
1. Prepare ampalaya, cut into halves, remove seeds.
2. Slice them thinly.
3. Soak the sliced ampalaya in water for about 5 minutes. Wash while squeezing them a bit. Just to reduce the bitterness.
4. Drain and set aside.
5. Remove chorizo’s skin. And beat two eggs. Set all of them aside.
6. In a pan, heat some canola oil.
7. Saute garlic and onion.
8. Add in the chorizo. Slightly spread them out with the laddle for it will tend to stick together.
9. Add in the ampalaya. Give a good mixing. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
10. Add in the beaten eggs. Let it sit for a minute before mixing.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
Prepare simple, affordable and healthy dishes has always been my goal. For Delish PH Saan Aabot ang 100 Pesos mo, here’s another original AmChoLog recipe that you can try. The combination of chorizo, ampalaya and egg would make you crave for it.
If you have questions about this recipe, don’t hesitate to shoot me a message or drop a comment below.
Watch how to cook AmChoLog (Ampalaya, Chorizo, Itlog):