Sinigang na Ulo ng Salmon is one delicious soup that you can prepare. It’s even kind of pricey when served in restaurants. So instead of paying more, why don’t you buy some fresh salmon head and turn it into a delicious soup. It’s very easy to prepare and cook for your family.
1 big Salmon Head
1 big Horse Raddish (Labanos) (cut diagonally)
3 medium sized Tomatoes (seeds removed, cut into quarters)
1 cup String Beans (Sitaw) (strips)
1 large sized Eggplant (Talong) (cut diagonally)
1 cup Water Spinach Leaves (Kangkong)
1 medium sized Onion
2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
2 small slices Ginger
3 pcs Fresh Chilis
1/2 cup Tamarind Powder
1 tsp. Fish Sauce
- Prepare the salmon head. Remove the gills and cut into serving sizes. (see video on how to cut).
- In a pot, saute onion, tomatoesm garlic and ginger.
- Add the salmon and cook both sides until slightly brown.
- Pour a good amount of water, more than enough to cover the salmon. Add the labanos, cover and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the tamarind powder and the fish sauce. Then season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the string beans, the eggplant and fresh chilis. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Lastly, add the kangkong leaves, cover for another 5 minutes.
Ready and Serve!
Note from Delish:
This is one of my favorite sinigang. Simply because salmon head is just delicious. Instead of using tamarind mix, you can use either fresh tamarind, kamias or batwan.
If you have any question or suggestion about this recipe, drop a comment below or send me an email or direct message us on our Facebook Page.
Other Fish recipes to try:
Watch how to cook Sinigang na Ulo ng Salmon here: